Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pepper Jack Cheesy Mac

I never knew that mac and cheese could taste so good. When I put the box away and started to cook it myself, I fell in love with it. Not only that, but I learned that it is truely comfort food. Much to my husbands disappointment, I have also learned that yes, mac and cheese can be a main course.

Here is a new recipe with a little kick:

2 cups dry elbow macaroni
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded pepper jack
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 onion
2 garlic cloves

Cook pasta completely and drain. In small saute pan, cook chopped onion and garlic until starting to brown. Put back in the pan, adding in 1 1/2 cups of each of the cheeses, evaporated milk, onion and garlic mix and pepper. Stir until evenly mixed. Pour into a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Cover with foil and bake on 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 additional minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment