Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Taco Pasta

It's been a while. I have been experimenting with a new cookbook called "Eat What You Love." Of course I have been altering those recipes and will begin posting once I figure out what I just like and what LOVE.

The other day I felt like pasta and the hubby felt like tacos. So, I compromised and here's what I got.

I started with a half of a box of Rigatoni, fully cooked. I know you could use whatever shell pasta you prefer or have on hand.

In another pan, I browned a pound of ground beef and one chopped onion. You could use ground turkey, chicken or pork for this dish. If you like sausage, you could add smoked sausage or even chorrizo. In a bowl, I mixed one drained can of corn with a bag of 2% colby/jack cheese. To the cheese mix, I added 2 cloves minced garlic, a teaspoon of ground black pepper and 4 heaping tablespoons of taco seasoning.

After the pasta was drained, I used one jar of Ragu sauce and one undrained can of Rotel. I mixed together the pasta, sauces, ground beef and cheese/corn mix.

All ingredients were put in a olive oil coated glass dish and popped in the oven. I baked for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

We had enough for a couple meals and leftovers for lunches a few days this week.

My husband's only request, fresh peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment