Sunday, January 31, 2010

Any Roast

Large chunks of meat have never been appetizing to me. I probably dislike them as much today as I did as a kid. What appeal does a chunk of fatty meat have anyway?

Having a husband who loves meat and loves roast, I have had to find a way to make it and make it edible. I have messed up more than I have made edible, unfortunately.

I think I have finally come up with a crock pot mixture that helps make the meat tender as well as give it flavor.

I start with a cup of apple cider vinegar and a cup of water, if it is a lean piece of meat. I add chunks of half an onion, salt, pepper and mustard. After I score any large pieces of fat, I drop in the crock pot and let it cook.

The roast is tender and tastes good.

Leftover factor:  Stay tuned, any number of things could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment